Hi. Welcome to my website.
My name is Beunguk Ahn. I am a software engineer. My interests are web development, server engineering, and deep learning. Especially on deep learning, I am interested in model compression, which reduces the size of models in various ways. Though those are my favorites, all kinds of fields related to software would be my potential interest. I am also happy to find a new problem and solved it in "software" way. Finding interesting problems always refreshes me. Sometimes I write short stories or draw illustrations.
Followings are short version of my CV.
You can view my full resume here. ٩(^ᴗ^)۶ ➞ Full Resume
- Email: beunguk.ahn at gmail.com
- Mobile: +82-10-7113-2253
- Links: Linked In
Seoul National University
Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering, Completed; GPA: 3.76/4.3
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
Bachelor of Computer Science. Magna Cum Laude; GPA: 3.70/4.3, Major GPA: 3.91/4.3
University of Alberta
Certificate of University of Alberta ESL courses, ESL 140 (Highest level)
Software Engineer, Live Team
- Game Server: Developed backend server of 'CookieRun for Kakao' (Android/iOS) mobile game application based on Java Spring Framework. Manage game server instances in AWS.
- Data Warehousing: Setup, design, and management of database instances using Couchbase. Also develop Spark environment for analyzing game logs.
- Push Notification: Developed mobile push notification server with Go language.
Full Stack Developer, Online Division
MyBuzzword: Developed Social Media Monitoring Service.
- Search Engine: Used Lucence/Solr for data indexing and seaching. Also developed Lucene Korean morpheme/sentimental analyer to customize Korean indexing.
- Web Crawler: Developed social media and blog web crawler using Python.
- Web Service: Provide web access point to customers for their interested keywords. Developed web serivces using Java Spring MVC framwork and Hibernate. Managed customers' account and save query/dashboard information.
- Searchian: Developed service which predicts ad-words’ price and collects related ad-link.
Internship, Smart Server Control System Team
- Data Protocol: Developed data protocol between IPTV application and Android application.
- Management: Develop utility tools and administration tools to control and monitoring server reousrces.
- Beunguk Ahn, Jin-Ah Park, Elbashir Abbas and Ho-Jin Choi, (2012). ‘Increasing Splicing Site Prediction by Training Gene Set Based on Species’. KSII TRANSACTIONS ON INTERNET AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS, (SCIE), Vol 6, No. 11, pp. 2784–2799.
- Mary Kathryn Thompson, Line Harder Clemmensen and Beung-Uk Ahn, (2013). 'The Effect of Rubric Rating Scale on the Evaluation of Engineering Design Projects'. International Journal of Engineering Education,(SCIE), Vol 29, No. 6, pp. 1490–1502.
- Mary Kathryn Thompson and Beung-Uk Ahn, (2012). ‘The Development of an Online Grading System for Distributed Grading in a Large First Year Project-Based Design Course’. Proceedings of the 119th ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Jaehyuk Park, Beunguk Ahn, Rohjoon Myung, Kyuree Lim, Wonjae Lee and Meeyoung Cha, (2011) ‘Revolution 2.0 in Tunisia and Egypt: Reactions and sentiments in the online world’. Proceedings of the International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM) Data Challenge Workshop.
- Beunguk Ahn, Jin-Ah Park, Elbashir Abbas, Ho-Jin Choi (2011). ‘Increasing Splicing Site Prediction by Training Gene Set Based on Species Using WEKA’. KSII Proceedings of the 3rd Int'l Conf. Internet (ICONI), Vol., No., pp.403-407.